Monday, August 3, 2020

#TeamRivs

If you follow me on Social Media, you may have noticed I started using the hashtag TeamRivs when I post one of my workouts with Tommy Rivers Puzey. He has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and is quite ill. Most of the people who have completed any part of his workout series are pulling together to help. Today, iFit offered to donate $1 for every mile run, using one of his programs! I ran 2.2 this morning before work. All proceeds will go to his medical fund. I am currently on week 3 of his Iberian Beginning Running Series and am really enjoying it. He is extremely knowledgeable and really is a great source of motivation during the runs.

Saturday was also my first "long run." I use that term loosely since it was only 3.2 miles. Next week I bump up to 3.7. I feel my progress is super slow, but it is progress. I am down another pound from the weekend, 188.6. Let's see if I can lose 1 more by Wed, my official weigh in day. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023, Here we come!

Here we go, we're at it again! Time to train for another race! The goal this year is to complete the Capital City Marathon (full) in les...